Kai works with buyers and sellers in and around the Tampa Bay area.
The following are some tips that buyers might consider as they approach the buying process:
- What do the comparable sales look like in the neighborhood and nearby communities? The appraiser can help you determine an appropriate value for a home you might be considering. This information will also be crucial for financing.
- Is the seller underwater? If the party that owns the home owes the bank more than the home is worth, you might be dealing with a short sale situation.
- Are there multiple offers on the property? If so, negotiating a lower price will be more difficult as competing offers tend to drive the purchase price higher.
- How long has the home been listed? The length of time that the home has been listed on the market can affect what a seller is willing to accept.
Condition of the Home
- Major condition issues that should be discussed prior to submitting an offer can include the condition of the structure itself, the roof, the HVAC, etc.
- What improvements or renovations have been made to the house? Do they appear to have been done by a professional?
- An inspection will reveal any detailed issues that might be present prior to closing.
Location of the Home
- The location of a property can be a primary factor in the price of a home. For residential properties, school districts are also an important factor.
As the real estate market heats up, the option to put your home on the market becomes more widely considered by homeowners. Utilizing the skills and knowledge of an experienced real estate agent can greatly benefit a seller. Choosing the right agent is just as important as determining the listing price. The right agent will ensure you maximize your value and manage the selling process efficiently and ethically.
When To Sell Your Home
The timing of listing and selling your home can be a major factor. Your real estate agent can provide you with data on recent home sales and how seasonality might affect the trends.
Buyers will often come out in larger numbers during the spring season so that they can move into a new home while children are out of school. Moreover, photographs of the property will often show better with spring flowers than cold weather months.
As you begin the process to sell your home, your real estate agent should provide a comparable market analysis as well as an estimate of closing costs and other costs that might be a part of selling your home. Understanding what you can expect on the financial side of the process is important throughout the process.
Do you have any questions about selling your home? Are you interested in receiving a comparable market analysis? Contact Kai today.